Because pot roasts go a long way, I opted not to prepare my typical Monday night crock pot recipe this week. This pot roast is good to the last drop.
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Place the oven bag (I use ‘turkey’ size) in a large rectangle casserole pan
3. In an oven bag, place 9 small potatoes (halved), 1 lb. baby carrots, 1 large chopped onion, ~3 lb. beef pot roast like eye round
4. In a mixing bowl, combine 2 small cans of 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup, 1 onion soup packet like Lipton, 1 pint of water (16 oz.)
5. Pour mixture into oven bag and securely close
6. Bake for 3 to 3.5 hours
7. Typically at least one side of the roast has a layer of fat. After the roast is done cooking, scrape this with a fork and it will easily come off so you can throw it away instead of viewing it on your thighs later. How convenient!
½ cup pot roast: ~3 PointsPlus®
1 serving spoon of sauce: ~1 PointsPlus®
Small potato: 2 PointsPlus®
Thanks to Joy, who gave me this recipe. All I did was change the soup from regular to low fat. Too easy!