This one’s a huge hit in my family with “dieters” and non-dieters alike—the “non-dieters” eat this and then the bakery birthday cake, ha!
I took a standard death by chocolate recipe and substituted lower points ingredients as follows:
- 1 package No Pudge brownie mix (Available at most grocery stores and amazon.com. I sometimes find it at Christmas Tree Shops too. Trader Joe’s has its own brand, which is essentially the same. It’s called Reduced Guilt. A photo of TJ’s packaging can be viewed here.)
- Yogurt (amount is specified on the No Pudge package)
- 2 (3.9 ounce) packages instant fat free sugar free chocolate pudding mix, prepared each with 2 cups of skim milk
- 1.5 (16 ounce) package fat free frozen whipped topping, like Cool Whip, thawed
- ½ cup toffee bits, like Heath
- Prepare brownies according to package directions. Let cool.
- Mix pudding according to package directions.
- In a glass punch bowl or trifle dish, layer in the following order: 1/2 of the brownies, crumbled; 1/2 of the pudding; 1/3 toffee bits; 1/2 of the whipped topping.
- Repeat layers in the same order.
- Top with remaining toffee bits.
- Refrigerate. Best if made the day before you serve it.
Yields 16 servings.
5 PointsPlus® per serving.