As the weekend approaches, (if I’m on the ball) I start to think about my grocery list and thus, the week’s meals to come. Lunches are always toughest for me for some reason, so I sometimes have to rack my brain for ideas. In case you’re the same, here are some easy ones:
- Black bean burrito: low carb tortilla, 1 c. brown rice, ¼ c. black beans, ¼ c. fat free cheese, salsa, lettuce tomatoes. Microwave tortilla 10 seconds. Warm rice, beans, and cheese in microwave 2 minutes or less. (I precook my rice at home and frequently use the 10-minute boil-in-a-bag version.) Top with remaining ingredients and enjoy! Tip: I usually have too much filling (rice, beans, cheese), so I leave some in my bowl and top it with extra salsa and veggies. 9 PointsPlus®.
- Better’n Peanut Butter & banana sandwich: Use Weight Watchers bread for just 1 point a slice, 2 tbs. BPB, and a banana. The sandwich is 4 PointsPlus®. Add some grapes on the side and this is quite filling. (Grapes take up a lot of space in your tum, like popcorn, so that’s why I choose them here over say, an apple. Although if you get sick of grapes, that’s probably what I’d go to.)
- Pizza & salad: You heard right. I get a large slice of cheese thin crust from the place across the street for 7 PointsPlus® and throw in a big garden salad with 1 tablespoon light Italian dressing on the side. 8 PointsPlus® for the whole thing. Tip: make your own salad to save some dough of course.
- Pure Protein bar & salad: If I’m really low on points, this does the trick. I add some light vinaigrette to my salad, then for “dessert” a mug of tea with powdered creamer so my protein bar’s a little melty, Only 6 PointsPlus®.
- Buffalo chicken salad: At home, coat chicken breast with Tabasco as desired, and bake at 350 20-30 minutes. For the salad, I like mixed greens, cucumber, and carrot. I eat red pepper and broccoli on the side. At work I microwave ½ cup of chicken for a minute and toss it onto the salad with 2 tablespoons Bolthouse blue cheese dressing, which is only 1 point! 3 PointsPlus® total for the salad with chicken. Tip: Buy the chicken breast that’s cut down to tender-size pieces. It only takes 20 minutes to bake.
Let me know some of your healthy lunch ideas in the comments below, please.